KAI Aircraft

The KAI KF-X, also known as IA IF-X in Indonesia, is a joint South Korean and Indonesian fighter aircraft.

KAI KF-X,
also known as IA IF-X

Design/Development

The project was first announced in March 2001 by South Korean President Kim Dae-Jung at a graduation ceremony at the Korea Air Force Academy. South Korea and Indonesia agreed to cooperate in the production of KF-X/IF-X warplanes in Seoul on July 15, 2010, agreeing to produce roughly 150 to 200 aircraft, of which Indonesia would procure 50.

 

The initial operational requirements for the KF-X/IF-X program as stated by South Korea's Agency for Defence Development were to develop a single-seat, twin-engine jet with stealth capabilities beyond both the Dassault Rafale and Eurofighter Typhoon, but not as stealthy as the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II.

 

According to the Weapon Systems Concept Development and Application Research Center of Konkuk University, the KF-X is intended to be superior to the F-16 Fighting Falcon, replacing South Korea's aging F-4D/E Phantom II and F-5E/F Tiger II aircraft, with production numbers estimated to be over 250 aircraft. Compared to the F-16, the KF-X will have a 50% greater combat radius, 34% longer airframe lifespan, better avionics including a Hanwha-produced AESA radar,[7] and better electronic warfare, IRST, and datalink capabilities. Operational requirements also specify approximately 50,000 pounds (23,000 kg) of thrust provided by one or preferably two engines, high-speed interception and supercruise capabilities, basic stealth technology, and multirole capabilities.

"Your exciting Journey into digital world of aviation starts "

You are definitely intrigued to discover KAI KF-X Stealth.

The KAI KF-X, also known as IA IF-X in Indonesia, is a joint South Korean and Indonesian fighter aircraft development program, intending to develop an advanced multirole fighter for the Republic of Korea Air Force and Indonesian Air Force. The program is spearheaded by South Korea, holding 80% of shares, and was joined by Indonesia in 2010 for the remaining 20% of the shares. KAI KF-X is an acronym for Korea Aerospace Industries: Korean Fighter - eXperimental, and IA IF-X stands for Indonesian Aerospace: Indonesian Fighter - eXperimental, describing the main project companies and the experimental nature of the program. The KAI KF-X is South Korea's second domestic fighter jet development program, following the FA-50.

KAI KF-X

KAI KF-X, known as IA IF-X

South Korea will fund 80% of the aircraft's development, and expects foreign partners to provide the remaining 20% of the development funding.[8] South Korea possesses 63% of the necessary technology to produce the KF-X, and is therefore seeking cooperation from Indonesian Aerospace, Turkish Aerospace Industries, Saab, Boeing, and Lockheed Martin to develop the KF-X. About 120 KF-Xs would be built initially and more than 130 aircraft would be produced additionally after the first-phase models reach operational capability. The cost of each KF-X aircraft is estimated to be roughly $50 million

  • History

    Role Multirole fighter

    Manufacturer Korea Aerospace Industries

    Indonesian Aerospace

    Designer Agency for Defense Development

    Korea Aerospace Industries

    Indonesian Aerospace

     

  • Primary Users

    Introduction Plan Timetable - First Prototype Roll Out 2021, First flight 2022, Initial operating capability 2025

    Status In development,[1] expected to deploy 120 by 2032.

    Unit cost

    US$50 million+

  • Performance

    Crew: 1 or 2

    Length: 16.9 m (55.4 ft)

    Wingspan: 11.2 m (36.7 ft)

    Height: 4.7 m (15.3 ft)

    Empty weight: 11,800 kg (26,000 lb)

    Powerplant: 2 × Hanwha Techwin F414-KI[65] afterburning turbofan

    Dry thrust: 13,000lbf (57.8 kN) each Thrust with afterburner: 22,000 lbf (97.9 kN)

KAI KF-X, also known as IA IF-X

Aircrafttotaal

The KAI KF-X, also known as IA IF-X in Indonesia, is a joint South Korean and Indonesian fighter aircraft

Aircrafttotaal

Ultimate encyclopedia

AIRCRAFTTOTAAL

© 2018 aircrafttotaal All rights reserved.